Travel Tips for Your Natco Debit Card
One of the ways we help protect against member fraud is in the restrictions we place on our debit card usage outside of each member’s local area.
If you are planning a trip outside of your local area (to another state or abroad) and plan to use your Natco debit card, you must notify us during normal business hours at least 2 days in advance in order for us to update your debit card parameters.
Providing basic travel information such as dates and destinations along with travel contact information can reduce the chances that your legitimate transactions will be blocked and help us to contact you faster if fraud is suspected.
Simply complete a Travel Notification Form to help safeguard your account from unauthorized access. To access and submit a Travel Notification Form, simply log into your account through home banking, go to Forms and then select Travel Notification Form. Complete the required fields and submit your form.
You may also stop into one of our offices during normal business hours to provide us with your travel information. We will ensure your debit card parameters are updated during your travel dates.
Your Natco debit card will not work outside the USA without completing a Travel Notification Form. Stored Value Cards such as pre-paid VISA cards are recommended when traveling overseas.
Important numbers to carry when traveling:
After Hours Lost/Stolen Card
Debit Card – (800) 523-4175
Visa Credit Card – (877) 881-6018
Safety Tips When Using an ATM
Your safety is important to us so please read these safety tips for using ATMs. ATM access has become a part of our everyday lives. Because we have grown accustomed to using ATMs on a regular basis, we don’t always think about taking precautions. It’s important to protect yourself from theft and here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t give your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone who is not authorized to access your account.
- Memorize your PIN – don’t carry it with you.
- Your VISA® Debit Card should be safeguarded like cash. Keep it in a secure place.
- Report unauthorized use of your VISA Debit Card to the credit union right away.
When using the ATM:
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- If you are visiting an ATM at night, make sure it is in a well-lit, public area.
- Shield the screen while entering your PIN.
- Put your cash, receipt and card back into your wallet immediately.
- Count your cash at home.
- If you notice anyone nearby or someone asks you to withdraw cash for them, leave at once.
- Report any unusual activity immediately.
Do you know what to do if your identity is stolen, or better yet how to help prevent it? The Federal Trade Commission can help.
Phishing, what is it and how can you avoid becoming a victim? Visit the Federal Trade Commision web site for more information.
Like to shop online? Go secure, by using your Natco Visa debit card or credit card, at sites that support Verified by Visa. You can make purchases online and feel secure knowing that the merchant is validating the use prior to accepting your card.