https://www.natcocu.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Thumbnail-for-Blog-Post-01.jpg 1200 1800 Karen Houser https://www.natcocu.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/NatcoLogo-primary.png Karen Houser2020-12-21 13:02:272021-06-02 11:44:12Another Natco Real Life, REAL FREEDOM Story
https://www.natcocu.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Important-Tips-Icon-scaled.jpg 2134 2560 Karen Houser https://www.natcocu.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/NatcoLogo-primary.png Karen Houser2020-12-17 10:05:212021-06-21 09:50:37Helpful Tips to Avoid Falling Victim to COVID-19 Related Scams
The Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General warn consumers to beware of scams and price gouging associated with COVID-19.
Here are some helpful tips to avoid falling to COVID-19 related scams:
- You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine during this public health emergency.
- You can’t pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You can’t pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicines to prevent the virus. Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19-related treatment.